Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Snow go Away

Yep. Its a whopper. The storm I mean.

I got up this morning, took one look out the window and crawled back under the covers. I was going nowhere for a long time.

Then the earthquake woke me up. At least it sounded like one.

My roof is made of out this really cool material which is installed like slate tiles. The beauty of this is that the roof doesn't need to be shoveled because the material allows the snow to just....slide off.

Unfortunately, it doesn't slide off as its snowing. No. It will accumulate like a most roofs and when the weight increases OR, the temperature warms up a little....the snow will come crashing down and I mean CRASHING.

The first time it happened I thought the house was caving in. It was so loud that I could only imagine what an avalanche would sound like. My dog makes a beeline to hide under whatever.

Try having THAT wake you up out of a dead sleep.

It will snow for the better part of the evening and possibly into tomorrow. Joy.

It will take me 15 minutes to unearth my car. This time I will do it with gloves on. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

So. It is cold though not as cold as it was. Snow is beautiful but can be annoying to deal with.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd to see what the groundhog says. If is 6 weeks of winter...is that the good or the bad prediction?

Well, that is it for the weather report. And now back to you....

No comments: